Pork on Lemongrass Skewers – Recipe of the week
The sun promises to shine tomorrow Tuesday 2nd day of August and if you’re looking for a mid week treat that smacks of outdoor eating, then this recipe is for you! It really is very simple and healthly as well. Use extra lean pork mince, the mixture sticks pretty well to the lemongrass so you won’t need any excess fat to bind the mince.
Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce or make the cucumber and chili dipping sauce from our Thai Cookery class
Pork and Lemongrass Skewers
300gms pork mince
3 tsp garlic
2 tsp galangal or ginger
2 tbsp fresh coriander
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
8 lemongrass stalks (4 inch long)
1) Place pork, garlic, galangal, coriander, sugar and sauces in a bowl and mix.
2) Divide into 8 portions and mould each one into a ball.
3) Trim about a 1/3 off the top of the lemongrass sticks.
4) Stick a length of lemongrass into each ball and press the mixture around the lemongrass in an oblong shape.
5) Grill the sticks for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side
Cooks Hint 1: Dampening your hands with a bit of oil before moulding the mix will help stop it sticking to you
Serving Tip: serve with sweet and sour sauce