Wed 20 Dec
A delicious canape to impress dinner party guests!
- 1 duck breast, skinned
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 25g butter, melted
- about 8 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ small cucumber, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC/Gas 6 and grease two 12-hole mini muffin tins.
- Heat a small frying pan until hot. Brush the duck breast with a little oil and season well. Seal into the pan until golden on both sides. Then place on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Leave to rest and then chop into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, brush two sheets of the filo pastry with melted butter and place one on top of the other. Slice 6 strips down and 4 strips across to make 24 squares. Place one square over another at an angle to make a star shape and then press this into the mini muffin tin (by now you should have four layers of pastry).
- Continue until all the squares have been used (this will make 12 tartlet cases)
- Bake the cases in the oven for about 12 minutes until lightly golden brown and crisp. Leave to cool.
- Mix the duck with the hoisin sauce, spring onion cucumber. Spoon the mixture into the filo parcels. Garnish with an small slice of spring onion.
- Serve warm and enjoy!