Perfect as a healthy breakfast or snack for anytime of the day! For more healthier recipes, have a look at our Nutritional Cookery Class.
250g rolled oats
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 mashed bananas
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
500ml skimmed milk – soya/almond work well too
Chocolate chips – optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, oil, vanilla and honey until well combined. Then whisk in the milk.
- Poor the milk mixture over the oats and stir well until both have combined. Add the chocolate chips if using. The consistency will be very soupy.
- Fill the muffin cases all the way to the top, ensuring there is an even amount of oats and liquid.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve. Alternatively they can be kept in an air tight container and eaten cold.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.