Cakes don’t always have to be heavy and decadent, this cake combines the sweet flavor of cinnamon with the earthy tones of beetroot! Not only is it gluten free but dairy free as well. This cake is a perfect treat with a cup of tea, follow the instructions below!
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 140gr white sugar
- 4 small beetroots(already peeled and boiled)
- 1 banana
- 200ml soy unsweetened yogurt
- 200gr rice flour
- 16gr instant yeast
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 60gr coconut flour
- 50ml soy milk (optional)
- In a bowl whisk with an electric mixer 3 eggs with 140gr white sugar and a pinch of salt until you have a white and foaming consistency.
- Process the 4 small beetroots with 1 banana and 200ml of soy unsweetened yogurt.
- Add the yogurt mix to the eggs & sugar
- Sift together 200gr rice flour, 16gr instant yeast, 2tsp of ground cinnamon and 60gr coconut flour into a bowl.
- Then add the dry mix into the yogurt & eggs etc mixture.
- Mix and if the consistency is too firm, add 50ml soy milk
- Oil a 2lb loaf tin and transfer the mixture inside it.
- Cook in the oven for 45/50 minutes at 170 *C
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!