Wed 27 Feb
If you’re a peanut butter addicted like me then this recipe is the one for you. Filled with fresh blueberries but with a cheeky twist to indulge in!
- 100g fresh blueberries
- 150g spelt flour or oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 150ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp peanut butter per pancake
- Greek Yoghurt
- Maple Syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine the spelt flour with the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Make a well in the centre.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg, milk, vanilla and mashed banana together. Pour into the well in the first bowl and mix lightly to form a batter. Stir in the blueberries.
- Alternatively; add the bananas, milk, egg, vanilla, baking powder and spelt flower in a food processer and mix together.
- Then stir the blueberries into the mixture
- Put a frying pan over a medium heat. Brush the surface lightly with oil and add a small ladleful of batter into the centre of the frying pan. Add the tsp of peanut butter into the centre of the mixture and cover with another tbsp of batter.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are lightly browned. Flip over and cook for a further minute or so.
- Repeat to make 10 pancakes in total. Serve the hot pancakes in stacks of 3 with a dollop of fresh yoghurt, raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Slice into the middle to reveal a gooey peanut butter centre! Enjoy!