This Spicy Sesame Cauliflower recipe is a great alternative to Asian chicken wings. Many people think plain cauliflower is a boring, however these Asian Style Cauliflower Wings are anything but! Here's our recipe...
60g gluten free plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
½ head cauliflower, florets evenly portioned
Oil, for frying
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
100ml tamari sauce
30ml rice vinegar
1 tbsp of jaggery
2 tbsp Sriracha
Toasted sesame seed,use as garnish
Spring onions sliced on the diagonal including green ends, use as garnish
1 tbsp cornflour mixture , mix 1/2 tbsp cornflour and 1/2 tbsp water
- Whisk together flour, milk, baking powder and garlic powder and salt
- Add the chopped cauliflower and toss to coat. Make sure the cauliflower florets are fully coated in the batter
- Deep fry the cauliflower until it is golden brown, and remove and drain all the excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Make the spicy sesame sauce by combining the sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sriracha.
- Bring the sauce to a boil then add the cornflour mixture. Stir through thoroughly until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried cauliflower and toss to coat in sauce or place the fried cauliflower on a plate and drizzle generously wit the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced spring onions. Serve with rice, or on its own as a snack.
- Enjoy, it's lip smackingly good!