We made these super yummy cupcakes as one of our recipes for donation to the NHS Hero’s that are working so hard on the front line. We thought you would love the recipe as well!
150g light muscovado sugar
170g self-raising flour
30g Ground golden linseed
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp mixed spice
Zest 1 orange
150ml sunflower oil
200g carrots, grated
For the icing:
100g butter, softened 250g soft cheese 100g icing sugar, sifted
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
- Grate the carrots and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, flour, the ground linseeds, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and oil, then stir into the dry ingredients with the grated carrot.
- Divide the mixture between cases and bake for 20-22 mins until cooked. Check with a skewer inserted in comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before icing.
To make the icing
- Beat the butter until really soft, then beat in the soft cheese followed by the icing sugar and vanilla.
- Use a palette or cutlery knife or piping bag to swirl the icing on top of the cupcakes.
- If you wished to decorate further – you could lightly grate a further orange zest or very lightly dust some mixed spice on top.
Optional – you could add 75g lightly crushed walnuts if you prefer.
Find more about our recipes for donation here!
Plus another great rhubarb cake recipe that we made for donation
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.