If you’ve got a sweet tooth, we’ve got just the recipe you need! Bliss balls (sometimes called protein balls or power balls) are little balls of yumminess, which contain fruits and nuts to give you the sweet hit you’re after with none of the refined sugar. By making this recipe you can satisfy your cravings with something much better for you than a chocolate bar!
5 Ingredient Chocolate Bliss Ball Recipe
- 150 g cashews
- 160 g cup pitted dates
- 25 g cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40 g honey, maple syrup or agave syrup
- Splash of milk
- Combine all ingredients (other than the milk) in a food processor or blender and blitz until crumbly.
- Add a splash of milk and process again. Test the mixture to see that it will hold together but isn’t too sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a bit more cocoa powder. If it’s too dry, add another small splash of milk.
- Roll the mixture into approximately 1-inch balls (bigger or smaller if you prefer).
- Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Happy Healthy Mama.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.