This is a take on my very own granolas recipe now made festive with a decadent dipping of delicious and luxurious chocolate. It is a wonderful Christmas treat using all of the festive ingredients we love. I also prepare some extra to give to friends and family as they make a wonderful and thoughtful Christmas gifts!
4 dried figs
30g pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp ground almonds
50g golden caster sugar
6 tbsp golden syrup
100g whole porridge oats
100g rolled oats
180g dark chocolate – for coating
- Pre heat the oven to 155℃/300F/Gas 3.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and figs then add to a food processor along with the, the cranberries and half the pumpkin seeds. Add 2 tablespoons of ground almonds and blitz together, just long enough to roughly chop, leaving and chunks of the fruit and nuts. Transfer to a large mixing bowl along with the rest of the whole pumpkin seeds.
- In a pan melt the butter with the sugar and golden syrup, trying not to stir it too much and allowing it to melt together gradually.
- Once melted mix in the oats and the fruit and nuts and spread the mixture out evenly in an oven tray then bake for 35 minutes or until the .
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. When the flapjacks are baked, cut them into small rectangles and dip them as far as you dare into the melted chocolate.
- Allow to chill for 20 minutes in the fridge and enjoy!