Try the Danish national dish – crispy pork with potatoes and parsley sauce
Crispy pork with potatoes and parsley sauce
1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
16 pork belly slices
25g plain flour
2tbsp chopped parsley
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 180C. Put some baking paper on a baking tray.
- Lightly salt the pork slices and allow the seasoning to rest.
- Bring the potatoes to the boil in lightly salted water, then simmer until ready. Drain and keep warm.
- Blot the pork slices dry with some kitchen paper, and place them on the prepared baking tray. Put them in the oven to cook, turning them from time to time. When the pork looks crisp remove from the oven and place on kitchen paper to absorb the fat.
- To make the parsley sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour and mix well until cooked through (it will turn a straw colour). Add the milk to the mixture bit by bit, mixing well at each addition until it is absorbed you should have a smooth sauce. If you need more liquid, add some more milk. Season to taste and add the finely chopped pasley and simmer for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the potatoes and sauce
*the picture is for presentation purposes only.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.