This smoothie is not only super tasty and refreshing but is also packed full of nutrient dense ingredients.
It may come as a surprise but although cucumbers contain a good deal of water they are also high in nutrients. Just 100g (about a 2 inch chunk) will provide 4% of potassium (mood food), 3% fibre and 4% vitamin C intake of your daily allowance, all in just 16 calories.
An apple a day, keeps the doctor away! Apples are incredibly high in fibre and eating them is linked to a lower risk of contracting many major diseases, including diabetes and cancer.
Avocados are full of healthy beneficial fats that help you feel full and satiated.
Finally, add Kale into the mix – one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and you’re well on the way to feeling better already. Cooked kale offers more iron per ounce than beef! Just 65g of kale will provide the following % of your daily value:
- 200% Vitamin A – largely from beta-carotene
- 650% Vitamin K – vital for cardio vascular health
- 130% Vitamin C – protect your immune system
- 26% Manganese – strong anti-oxidant properties and helps to reduce inflammation
- 9% calcium – good for teeth and strong bones
¼ green apple
handful kale or spinach
450 ml water
2 tbsp ground linseed
- Place ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
This smoothie is bound to wake you up and kick start your day!