Planning a BBQ now that the summer weather is (finally) heading our way? Want to serve your guests that something a little extra special? Look no further than our lamb & feta burgers.
A twist on the classic burger, these BBQ favourites combines lamb mince with a creamy feta cheese centre for a hidden element of surprise. We believe they’re an overall winner, and will keep friends and family coming back for more.
1 small onion grated
200g minced lamb
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Harissa spices
¼ tsp red chili powder
½ tsp salt
Grated zest of ½ a lemon
2 tbsp chopped coriander
2 tbsp chopped mint
30g feta cheese
- Prepare the barbecue or grill
- Grate the onion into a small bowl
- Add all other ingredients except the feta and mix well
- Divide into four portions and shape into thick burgers. Make a well in the center of each burger. Evenly divide the feta cheese and place in the well, and then reshape the meat around it so that the cheese is in the middle. Repeat with each burger.
- When barbecue is ready, lightly brush vegetable oil on burgers and set them on the barbecue. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, until well-marked. Gently press down on burgers before turning. Cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Burgers should be served medium to medium rare, but should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. The cheese inside should soften and be warm through. Let the burgers rest, covered with foil, for about 3 minutes before serving.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.