April is National Stress Awareness Month
It’s a time to focus on our mental and physical well-being. And what better way to combat stress than with a healthy, delicious, easy meal?
(Don’t forget to take a look at our last post about mindful eating)
Certainly, this Lemon and Herb Roasted Salmon with Quinoa and Asparagus recipe is the perfect combination of nutritious ingredients and mouth-watering flavours, making it a great addition to your stress-reducing diet.
Not only delicious, but healthy:
The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon have been linked to reducing stress and anxiety levels, while quinoa is a complex carbohydrate that can help stabilize blood sugar levels and improve mood. Asparagus is also a great source of folate, which can improve mental clarity and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and roasted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and top with sliced lemon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, afterwards, the olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture over the salmon fillets, making sure they are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the salmon in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Trim the asparagus and place it on a separate baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the asparagus in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until it is tender and lightly browned.
- Once everything is cooked, serve the salmon with the cooked quinoa and roasted asparagus.
And it’s ready:
This Lemon and Herb Roasted Salmon with Quinoa and Asparagus recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also a great way to take care of your mental and physical health.
Make it a part of your stress-reducing diet this National Stress Awareness Month and beyond.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.