Any type of marinade can transform an inexpensive cut of lamb into a tender and juicy treat.
The recipe for grilled and marinated lamb chops is perfect for entertaining and for BBQs. You can make it on the grill, hob or even in a crockpot or slow cooker. Serve it with Middle Eastern pilaf rice, homemade spicy potato wedges or with a salad for a low carb meal.
- 1kg lamb chops
For the marinade
- 3 tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cardamom pod, seeds removed and ground in a mortar and pestle
- 1 tbsp. natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the garnish
- Fresh coriander, chopped Lemon wedge for squeezing
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a medium bowl. Add the lamb chops, rub the marinade into the chops and set aside for at least an hour at room temperature or preferably for up to 24 hours in the fridge, tightly cling-filmed to keep the flavours within the bowl.
- When ready to use, preheat the grill and cook on a tray for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy the marinated lamb chops!
Visit our blog for more articles and recipes.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.