In my quest for interesting and healthy breakfast option I’ve turned my attentions to savoury muffins. Here’s one variety I hope you’ll enjoy. You could of-course add ham or bacon to the mixture if you wanted a meatier version.
Makes 8 approx
6 large eggs
60 ml double cream or crème fraise
50g baby spinach, roughly chopped or tender kale finely chopped
50g sweet corn tinned or frozen
100g cheddar cheese or goats cheese
¼ tsp salt & pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 190˚C or 170 if fan assist
- Lightly grease the muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray to about 3/4 full.
- Transfer the muffin tray to the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Once they are ready gently lift and muffins and transfer to a wire rack and let allow them to cool or serve immediately
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.