It’s week 3 of your Christmas Cookbook, and this week we have some great Oat and Cranberry Biscuits take take over to loved ones during the festive period, if you can bring yourself to, that is!
- 250g Plain flour
- 180g Porridge oats
- 225g Salted butter
- 225g Brown sugar or honey
- 100g Coarsely ground almonds
- 50g Desiccated coconut
- 250g Dried cranberries
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 5 tsp Ginger powder
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground nutmeg
Add milk only if required depending on consistency
- Preheat oven to 155°C / Gas Mark 3.
- Mix the sugar and butter together, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. If it is struggling to bind then add one or two tablespoons of milk to help to bring it together.
- Divide the mixture into golf ball sized pieces and shape into round dome-shaped biscuits.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked with a little brown hue.
Serving suggestion: With a nice cup of tea!
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.