These raw bliss balls are an excellent substitute for a sweet treat. Even without added sugar, they still pack a punch! The dates and almonds provide protein, whilst the chia seeds provide iron and omega 3. The cacao balls can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days – if you can resist eating them all in one go! Bliss, without the guilt! We hope you enjoy.
175g pitted dates
140g ground almonds
35g cocoa powder
30g desiccated coconut
2 tbsp chia seeds
100g coconut oil
Chopped pistachios, desiccated coconut, cacao powder or anything else you would like to roll the balls in.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes to soften
- Whilst the dates are softening, add the ground almonds, cocoa powder, coconut, chia seeds, and coconut oil to a blender and mix until smooth consistency,
- Add the dates and a teaspoon of water and mix again. Ensure all dates are blended and there are no chunks.
- Pinch the mixture to ensure it holds together, using a generous teaspoon at a time, roll into bite size balls.
- Roll the balls into a topping of your choice, we used chopped pistachios, desiccated coconut and cacao powder.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.