Our roast potatoes topped with garlic and rosemary are the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas dinner!
1.5kg small, even-size floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper
Rapeseed oil, for roasting or 6-8 tbsp Goose fat if preferred
6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
Sea salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel the potatoes and cut each one into half or quarter depending on the size of the potato so that they are approximately 2 inch cubes (but not squares).
- Bring a pan of well-salted water to heat add the potatoes, bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until soft on the outside but still firm in the centre. Drain well and allow them to bash against the sides of the pan or colander to make them fluffy on the edges.
- Pour a thin layer of oil/Goose fat into a large roasting tin. Place in the oven for 5 minutes to get very hot. Meanwhile, crush the unpeeled garlic cloves a little using the blade of a large knife.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven; add the potatoes in a single layer and spoon over some of the oil until they are all well-coated, and season with salt. Sprinkle with the rosemary sprigs and crushed garlic cloves and roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway, and basting until crisp and golden.
- Season lightly with salt and cracked black pepper just before serving.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.