These Easter Biscuits are a fun Easter Activity to keep young ones occupied!
300g rice flour
100g butternut squash
1 tsp yeast powder
1 spoon of agave syrup (not essential)
1 pinch of salt
105g caster sugar
2tbsp pumpkin spice mix
Pumpking Spice Mix:
3 tbsp ground cinnamon.
2 tsp ground ginger.
2 tsp nutmeg.
1 ½ tsp ground allspice.
1 ½ tsp ground cloves.
400g icing sugar
100/120ml warm water
Food colours ( blue, red and yellow mix to make chosen colour)
1. Boil some water inside a pot and cook the butternut squash until soft and ready to be smashed
2. Let the butternut squash cool down then smash it with a fork
3. In a bowl cream the margarine and brown sugar
4. Add the agave syrup, butternut squash and the egg and mix until combined
5. In a separate bowl sift together all the dry ingredients (rice flour, yeast, salt and and pumpkin spice mix)
6. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
7. Mix together and refrigerate for at least half an hour – if it is still results “sticky” add some more flour until you get a firm dough
8. Remove the dough from refrigerator and place onto a floured surface and knead lightly roll out to 5mm thickness and then cut into shapes using cookie cutters
9. Bake at 170 degree Celsius for approximately 15/20 minutes or till well browned
10. Leave to cool completely on trays
11. Meanwhile make the icing by mixing inside a bowl the icing sugar and water with a whisk
12. Divide the icing into small bowls (as many bowls as the colours you want to use) and start adding the colourings drop by drop until you get the desired colour
13. Once cookies have cooled down, decorate and enjoy!
Back to Blogs
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.