If you’re looking for a great, memorable summer salad recipe, this is the one! A very summery variation from the original recipe adds a fresh, delicious twist to this dish! This salad includes a delicious combo of widely available seasonal produce, which means it’s simple to source and environmentally friendly.
It’s the perfect party salad to serve it for lunch, dinner or at your BBQ buffet. Whenever you serve it, it’s guaranteed to impress!
- 150g crusty bread, such as ciabatta or baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil for ciabatta
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil – dressing
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 medium peaches or nectarines,
- 200g sweet cherries
- 200g heritage or cherry tomatoes
- Small handful basil
- 225g burrata cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Tear the ciabatta bread into small pieces – about 1 inch transfer to a bowl, drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Toss to mix.
- Arrange the bread onto a baking tray and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the garlic finely. Add 4 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, the chopped garlic, season with salt and pepper, whisk and set aside.
- Slices nectarines into quarters and halved again and add to the serving bowl.
- Pit the cherries, and half the tomatoes lengthways and add to the bowl.
- Chop the basil roughly and add to the bowl.
- Add the roasted ciabatta
- Whisk the dressing and drizzle over
- Tear open the burrata, drizzle with olive oil and season and serve!
We want to see your beautiful creations!
Do you want to know more about our IMPROVED MENTAL PERFORMANCE programme? Enquiry now and bring to your company.
This article is written by Kumud Gandhi – a Food Scientist, nutritionist, writer & broadcaster. Kumud Gandhi is the science lead at The Cooking Academy and is a pioneer of science-based nutritional coaching to support people in achieving productivity and wellness through nutritional management. She leads the ‘Wellness in the Workplace‘ division at The Cooking Academy
Check how to make this in a VIDEO RECIPE at our Youtube channel.
Image from thekitchn.com
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.