Go retro and share a traditional Swiss Fondue with your friends.
Swiss Cheese Fondue
1 clove garlic
290ml white wine
1 tsp lemon juice
225g Emmental cheese, grated
225g Gruyère cheese, grated
1 tsp Cornflour
1 tbsp Kirsch (optional)
cubed bread pieces, for dipping
You will need a fondue pot and fondue skewers for this.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub the inside of the fondue pot with the halves.
- Add the wine and lemon juice to the pot and heat until boiling. Lower the heat and gradually stir in the cheeses until melting, stirring all the time.
- If using Kirsch, blend with the cornflour to a smooth paste. Otherwise blend the cornflour with water.
- Add the cornflour to the cheese mixture and stir in well, cook until a smooth – don’t let it boil or it will burn.
- To serve ensure everyone has a fondue skewer and supply of cubed bread to dip in to the cheese mix!
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.