If you have plenty of leftovers from your Christmas dinner you’re probably looking for creative ways to use them up that don’t just include using them in a sandwich. If you’re having guests around on boxing day this is the perfect finger food which makes use of your leftover food for zero waste. Enjoy!
Makes 24 parcels
350g cooked turkey, chopped
100g cranberry sauce
2tbsp parsley, finely chopped
150g of brie, cut into 24 squares
16 sheets filo pastry
60g melted butter
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc /170ºc/ gas mark 4.Lightly grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped turkey, cranberry sauce and the chopped parsley. Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the turkey mixture evenly into quarters. You may find it is easier to divide the mixture into four separate bowls.
- You will then need to layer 4 sheets filo pastry. Lightly brush each sheet with the melted butter before adding the next layer. Cut into 6 even squares.
- Using just one quarter of the turkey mixture, spoon this evenly into the centre of the 6 filo squares. Top each square with a piece of brie. Gather all the pastry to enclose the filling and press tightly to seal.
- Complete steps 4 and 5 with another 4 sheets of filo pastry and ¼ of turkey mixture. Repeat until all the ingredients have been used.
- Arrange on a tray and brush lightly with extra butter.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until pastry is crisp and golden.
Chef’s tip: If you have leftover stuffing from Christmas, this can too be added to the parcels.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.