This luscious chocolate mousse is very easy to make and an ideal dessert. If you’re not sure about using aquafaba, give it a try and you may surprise yourself.
75g aquafaba (chickpea water)
40g caster sugar
¼ tsp xanthan gum
75g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids (dairy free)
100ml coconut cream
Strawberries to garnish
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put it into a medium bowl over a small saucepan half filled with water. Bring the water to a simmer and leave the chocolate to melt.
- Whisk the aquafaba in a bowl with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the sugar a tablespoon at a time and then continue to whisk for up to 10 minutes until glossy and thick.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir gently to ensure that it is free of lumps.
- Put the coconut cream in a small saucepan and heat gently to boiling point.
- Add the xanthan gum to the aquafaba mixture and whisk for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour the hot coconut cream over the melted chocolate and mix well. Gently fold the meringue into the chocolate, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- To serve put a large scoop of chocolate mousse on the plate and garnish with strawberries.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.