White Bean, Coconut & Roast Red Pepper stew by Nicki Webster, Rebel Recipes
This warming and delicious recipe from the brilliant Rebel Recipes is both vegan and gluten free. It works well in the summer too when there is a glut of red peppers and tomatoes. You can vary the selection of beans too.
2 organic red peppers chopped roughly
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
3tbsp olive oil + to drizzle
2 onions chopped
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
4 large organic tomatoes or 20 cherry tomatoes sliced or 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 can organic cannellini beans, drained
1 can organic butter beans, drained
1 can organic haricot beans, drained
1 tsp sea salt
1-2 tbsp. coconut yoghurt or coconut cream
handful of fresh thyme
pinch of chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to 160C. Put the peppers and cherry tomatoes to a large baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil, turning the pieces so they are coated. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Put the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil to a large saucepan and add the onions. Fry the onions until soft and browning slightly, approximately 10 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, stir, turn to low and cover and cook for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add in the roast peppers, water, beans and a little fresh thyme. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Finally season with salt, pepper and more fresh thyme. Stir in the coconut yoghurt and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Top with the roast tomatoes and serve.
For more information about Rebel Recipes click here