Welcome to Week 1 of our Christmas Cookbook. This week is a great side dish of Roasted Parsnips with Thyme and Parmesan. Be sure to check back each week for five more scrumptious recipes to use over the festive period!
- 750g Parsnips (peeled and quartered lengthwise)
- 1 tbsp Polenta, Semolina Flour, or Plain Flour
- 25g Grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Chopped Thyme Leaves
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /180°C fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the parsnips and cook for 3 minutes until just soft.
- Drain the parsnips thoroughly before returning to the pan and tossing together with the polenta or flour, parmesan, and thyme.
- Heat the olive oil in a roasting tray. When warmed, carefully add the parsnips and coat them in the oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes until golden and lightly crisp.
Kumud Gandhi is a Nutritional Food Scientist bestselling Author, Broadcaster, and Keynote Speaker on the subject of nutritional health for productivity & performance in the workplace. In 2010 Kumud founded ‘The Cooking Academy’ a cookery school that focusses on cooking for nutritional health and wellbeing. Kumud regularly presents to international audiences on a variety of topics such as ‘Eating for Immunity and a Lifetime of Wellness’. She is an expert in the field of Wellness in the Workplace and works with organizations to create transformational change in employee health & well-being through nutrition and health coaching.